Back to top
Història dels diners
Historia dels Diners
- Sala XOn display, currencies with many different shapes and formats, spent on five continents at different times periods.
- Sala XICoins appeared in the late seventh century B.C. on the Greek coast of Asia Minor and have been the most widespread form of money throughout history.
- Sala XIIMaking money has been one of the most important handcrafts of antiquity. Machinery was only introduced in the sixteenth century.
- Sala XIIIThe room shows a selection of coin treasures from Valencian territory preserved in the museum, as well as four exceptional pieces of ancient and medieval art.
- Sala XIVSpace dedicated to accounting, medals, alternative uses of money and numismatic tradition. Four showcases try to show other aspects of the use of money and offer an approach to numismatic studies, focusing on coins and medals from the Renaissance.